The month of November began on Friday, but since that’s not a great day to put out news releases, Monday was really the kickoff. Here’s a little of what went on.
- U.S. Rep. Chuck Fleischmann may see another challenge from Weston Wamp
- Paul Bailey joined Matt Swallows in the race for the open seat in Senate District 15
- Rep. Mike Turner is stepping down as House Democratic Caucus leader, citing differences with party chair Roy Herron
- Rep. Vince Dean says (from his locked Twitter account) he’ll make an announcement Wednesday about his 2014 political plans
- Randy Fairbanks will challenge Hamilton County Commissioner Fred Skillern
- All five Hamilton County General Sessions Judges are running for re-election
And looking ahead to Tuesday, there is a public hearing for citizens on the subject of health benefits for City of Chattanooga employees’ same-sex partners; there are elections in Knoxville, Collierville, and other municipalities around the state; and of course there are gubernatorial elections in a couple of states, including our much-watched neighbor and the place I grew up, the Commonwealth of Virginia.
UPDATE: I totally forgot about Fort Oglethorpe (and other North Georgia races).